Saturday, May 9, 2009

6 Signs of Sally the Senior

How I know I'm getting old:

1. Brad found a long hair growing under my chin yesterday while we were waiting in the Wal-Mart Pharmacy line. We were behind a man with slicked back white hair and his belt 2'' from his nipples checking out male enhancement drugs and in front of a couple discussing the pros and cons of their metallic blue walkers.

2. In considering job options, the benefits package almost outweighs the salary or job description.

3. This morning, Brad and I spent a few hours shopping for and preparing a veggie lasagna for a friend who's just come through surgery. It was a great Saturday morning. This differs greatly from Saturday mornings of yesteryear which included Scooby Doo, Dunkin Donuts, sleeping in, or Peach Little League.

4. I wake up on Saturdays without an alarm.

5. Seeing the UGA graduates taking pictures at the arch, having brunch with their parents, and walking downtown for one more beer at City Bar now makes me proud. It used to make me jealous and nostalgic at the same time.

6. I can't stay up past midnight.

When I did I grow up so fast?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, don't remind me! but o so very true!