Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do Work, Blog.

All night I've been trying to get to this page to write another blog. I've been looking forward to it all day, encouraged by the words of friends who read the first installment and have been begging--yes, begging-- for more.

But all night, well, since about 6:45 or so, I have been on the phone with friends and family. I've learned about the upcoming season at the Springer Opera House from an insider, about a newly-found patience from one of my two favorite sisters-in-law, about a new international connection from a dreamy Nashville friend, about the latest in the kitchen floor saga from the ultimate saga-ist, and about the recent approval ratings of President Obama from husbeeawcheebles.

But yet, no opportunity to sit and write, much less draw deep reflections from the day. All of these people-- Theresa, Peyton, Dad, and Brad...nearly 4 hours on the phone-- and no time to write the evening's Sallyutation.

And then it hit me. Didn't I just say yesterday that I hoped this blog would lessen the 200,000 miles between then and now? Didn't I wish for its power in bringing me closer to the people I love? Didn't I need more connection in my life?

Sallyutations, you have done your job. You have spawned conversations with four people I love dearly.

Do work, Blog.

2 comments:

April said...

go, blog, go!

I'm PeyPey! said...

Blog, you are the wind beneath my wings.